Monday, February 4, 2008

Unit 2( Assignment 6) Primary Source Reflection Post

Boston Tea Party

I learned that the tea that was destroyed in The Boston Tea Party was contained in three ships and that they were lying near each other at Griffin Wharf, and surrounded by armed ships at war. The landing of the tea had to be on a certain day before December 17,1773.It really surprising to me just to see how important tea was back in the day, because here today it's not that big of a deal. I Also learned that during that time they threw tea overboard and the citizens of Boston gave small qualities of the tea to their families.Captain O' Conner was the Captain of the boat that carried the tea. I Kind of got the understanding that the Captain was taken into custody I'm not sure, but if so that was suprising because it's not to often that a Captain is taken into custody from his own ship. I guess we learn something new everday. The Captain had filled his coat pocket with tea if i'm correct, and an aged man slipped tea into his pocket as well. I see that alot of tea was being took. The next day after they had cleared the ship of tea they saw qualities of tea floating on the water. This was sort of interesting but it's good to know what was happening back in the day.

1 comment:

carrie said...

Yes, tea was an important part of people's habits back then. I guess it is comparable to coffee today which so many depend on to get their day going right!

Good details, and very thorough. A few small errors, but overall well written. 28/30 points.